Non-fungible Tokens are “one-of-a-kind” assets in the digital world that can be bought and sold like any other piece of property. NFTs can be thought of as certificates of ownership for virtual or physical assets.
For the purpose of this article, we will look at minting single and multiple NFTs on afenmarketplace.com in simple steps.
N/B: Using a desktop is way better for interacting with most web3 products such as an NFT marketplace. In other words, add the MetaMask extension to your browser.
Change your MetaMask extension from the default Ethereum mainnet to Binance smart chain. (Refer to the article above to do so).😀
For mobile (slightly different for the desktop view) Go to afenmarketplace.com and click on connect , once the connect to this site message pops up.
Click on the toggle button to the right of your screen if you are using mobile to see a drop down column, proceed to click on “connect wallet” . For desktop click on “connect wallet” at the top of your screen.
To complete this step, choose (preferably MetaMask) between both options as seen above to connect your wallet to afenmarketplace.com
N/B: Your wallet address hashcode automatically displays in the connect wallet area to signify that it has been connected.
Step 4: Create Profile.
There are two ways to create a profile on AFEN marketplace:
- Either click on “Profile” to go to the create profile page or
- Click on “Create item” in an attempt to mint, this automatically brings up a pop up prompting you to create your profile.
(For the sake of the article, we will follow the second process)
To complete this step, click on “Okay” and proceed to complete your profile with the necessary details.
Step 5: Filling Profile Details:
- Once you’ve updated your profile, you’ll get a successful notification as displayed below:
Congrats you’ve finished step 5! (You’re officially an Afen NFT creator/collector) Yipee!! 🥳🤩
Now, let’s head to step ?
Step 6: We are finally going to MINT!!!
In this step, we proceed to click on “create item” to mint our first NFT. 😇😍
- This prompt takes us to the minting page where we can choose either to mint a single or multiple NFT.
Click on “Select” to view the drop down option on what type of NFT to mint; Single or Multiple.
- Let’s go with “SINGLE” ( Especially if you’re single 😂) Click on Single to mint one Piece of your NFT item (can be referred to as 1/1)
- Choose the file you intend to upload as your NFT. (You must own rights to this image or file despite whatever file format chosen. We frown at copyright © malpractice and will flag your NFT down 🤓)
Disclaimer: I do not own rights to the image used above but for the purpose of this illustration, should suffice.
- Proceed to select “NFT TYPE” Either Art or Video 👍🏾
- Select NFT Category “In this case, let’s choose Art
- Proceed to select the “Price” . Here, you can choose to either put a fixed price for your NFT or Auction it. (For the purpose of this article, let’s set a fixed price)
- Proceed to fill in details of the NFT by describing it in the boxes below.
- Set Royalty rate. (A royalty refers to the percentage you intend to receive if your NFT is resold) N/B: The lower the royalty, the more attractive the NFT will be to collectors 🌚
Click on “CREATE NFT” to MINTTTTTTTT 🥳🥳🥳
However, that’s not all, you have to accept certain conditions in order to mint your NFT and they are described below:
- “MINT” allows you to mint the NFT, once clicked accept the terms of minting. afenmarketplace.com charges an affixed 0.01bnb per mint(Yeah yeah, we know 😎 super low fees) Click on accept to fulfil transaction by paying transaction cost.
- Then click on “APPROVE” transaction (Here, you’ll be charged transaction fees according to rate of gas fees at the moment — Nothing to worry about as BSC is known for low transaction fees)
SIGN SALE ORDER: Only click on this last prompt “sign sale order” to put the NFT on sale immediately. In a situation where you want to mint and keep, then do not click on “sign sale order”
Viola! There you go. Your FIRST NFT minted on afenmarketplace.com — the most user friendly NFT marketplace and home to legacy AFRICAN items turned into NFTs. 🥳🥳
If this article helped you create your first ever NFT, share it and tag us on twitter😌
Follow and join AFEN community:
AFEN NFT marketplace: afenmarketplace.com